Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mini Pizza Meatloaf from Health-Bent

I found this fun recipe from Health-Bent that I thought I would share. It is definitely on my "to-make" list. However instead of sausage I would use regular ground beef and add onions, chili powder, a little garlic, and finely sliced green peppers into the mixture. Then top it off with tomato puree or a paleo pizza sauce and add a mushroom on top. :) this is making me hungry.

Paleo Mini Pizza Meatloaf


Ingredients

  • 1 lb. Italian sausage
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 handfuls almond flour
  • Various pizza type mix-ins, finely chopped (we cleaned out the fridge–green onions, banana peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, green olives)
  • If you’re going to use onions, garlic and/or mushrooms, you need to pre-cook them as they stay crunchy (garlic, onions) or release too much too much water (shrooms).
  • 1/2 can pizza sauce

Method

Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage, egg yolks, almond flour and your choice of mix-ins. Fill a muffin tin about 3/4 of the way up with the meat mixture. Top each mini meatloaf with a spoonful of pizza sauce.
Bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment