Friday, January 27, 2012

Supreme Egg Loaf



Hey ya'll! I'm here in the beautiful San Diego- putting off work I actually should be doing and blogging! All I can think about right now is how hungry I am (I'm wide awake and its like 5am here- so no one is up). I found this great breakfast recipe from Free Range CrossFit! It would also make great leftovers!
Supreme Egg Loaf


Ingredients:
1 green pepper
1 red onion
5-6 mushrooms
a handful of diced black olives
1 zucchini
1lb Italian sausage
a dozen eggs
1 tsp ghee (olive oil or coconut oil)
1/2 cup marinara sauce (preferably homemade) ** you could also use a homemade salsa for a little kick!

*** There were only a few measurements for the Ingredients: I made them up as to what I would use, feel free to change***


Method plus or minus several dance moves:

1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Brown the italian sausage over medium high heat in the ghee.
3. Chop green bell pepper and mushrooms.
4. Shred zucchini.
5. Dice red onions.
6. Crack and beat the eggs, adding a little water.
7. Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with the veggies and olives, then top with the cooked meat.
8. Pour beaten eegs over the whole mess evenly.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, making sure the eggs cook through.
10. Enjoy with some freshly made marinara sauce every morning!

1 comment:

  1. Use 15 eggs to feed 8 people. All gone! Put Marinara sauce on top 10 minutes before you pull it out. Fabulous. Filling.

    ReplyDelete