Why didn't I think of this?! GREAT recipe for the Holidays from Paleo on Main Street
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 1 1/2 C Dates
- 1 1/2 C HOT water
- 3oz unsweetened baking chocolate (use whatever 'darkness' you like) -Heather says use 90% Lindt or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- 2 C Almond Flour
- Place dates in hot water and allow them to soak while you do the next steps. Melt chocolate and coconut oil on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Place into a large mixing bowl. Place dates and water into the food processor and process until the mixture becomes a paste with no lumps or pieces of date.
- Pour the date paste into the chocolate mixture and stir. Add in the peppermint extract.
- Add in almond flour and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour into a coconut greased dish and allow to set up in the fridge for a couple hours.